Creating a peer-to-peer network
It is convenient to use a dedicated peer-to-peer network in order to run the private blockchain.
One way to do that is to use the ZeroTier service.
To create and use the peer-to-peer network, follow these steps:
- Create a new ZeroTier account.
- Download the ZeroTier VPN service for your OS.
- Download and install the VPN service. Your machine will be associated with a Node ID (10-digit address).
- Go to the Network section of ZeroTier Central and create a new network. The new network will be assotiated with a Network ID. In order to join the Zerotier network run
sudo zerotier-cli join <network-id>. Then, ask participants to join. Use the Node IDs that were provided for your machine to add them to the network.
- Ask other participants to also create a ZeroTier account and join the network you just created.
Once you have joined the network, you will be assigned an IP-address, that you can share with other participants.
To find this IP-address, simply run
ifconfig, the name of ZeroTier network interface starts with